The Pinkston Group is seeking a Senior Account Executive to manage and execute media strategies for corporate, non-profit, and/or political clients. This position will work out of our Alexandria, VA office, and is a management position with salary negotiable based on three to four years of agency experience.
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Account Executive” in the subject line. Your cover letter will be viewed as your first writing sample. No calls, please.
Responsibilities and Duties
The primary responsibility of a Senior Account Executive is the management, creation and execution of public relations campaigns through oversight and strategic planning of media outreach to earn placements in print, online and broadcast outlets.
Qualifications and Skills
The ideal candidate has extensive experience pitching the national and local media along with PR agency background. Other related experience may include sales, door-to-door campaigns, GOTV calling, and/or social media campaign development. Applicants should be comfortable working with and pitching conservative-leaning organizations and causes. Strong writing skills and widespread media contacts are highly valued.
Candidates must demonstrate:
- Undergraduate degree in public relations, communications, marketing, journalism or related field;
- Three – four years of agency experience and media pitching;
- Ability to balance multiple, diverse clients and work within tight time frames;
- Ability to work well in a small team of public relations professionals;
- Personable nature that will come across over the phone to help create and strengthen media relationships; and
- Drive to “close the deal” and deliver results for clients.
The Pinkston Group strives to foster a collaborative work environment. Sales-minded, results-driven individuals who are excited to contribute and grow while representing a diverse client base do well here.
The Pinkston Group offers a fun and rewarding work environment in addition to a competitive benefits package which includes Medical & Dental insurance, a 401k retirement plan, and paid volunteer days to contribute to a cause of your choice.