The Pinkston Group is seeking a creative and personable director to join our video team in Alexandria, VA. This key role will assist in conceptualizing and producing videos that help clients strengthen their brands, build their reputations and tell their stories.
Responsibilities and Duties
While you would have a hand in all phases of the video production process, your primary responsibility will be to direct our live action video shoots on-site. You will be responsible for executing on the creative vision for each project, coordinating with the client, conducting interviews, and generally managing the client relationship. A successful candidate will have the ability to quickly build rapport with clients and problem solve on your feet. You will collaborate closely with our director of photography to ensure that every shoot is a success.
This position entails a significant amount of travel, primarily within the U.S., occasionally internationally, and sometimes on weekends.
- Additional responsibilities include:
- Planning logistics for film shoots
- Assisting with audio capture
- Collaborating with our team to establish creative vision for each project
- Culling footage and some light editing
Qualifications and Skills
Our ideal candidate is someone who has strong person-to-person relational skills, is a passionate and creative storyteller, and has the ability to plan and carry-out a specific creative vision. Other qualifications and skills include:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 3 yrs. experience in the video production field
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere Pro (experience with Final Cut or Avid Media Composer will also be considered)
- Ability to collaborate closely within the framework of a team
Advanced editing capabilities and/or experience shooting with cinematic cameras is desired but not required.
We offer a fun and rewarding work environment and a competitive benefits package which includes:
- Medical and dental insurance with deductible 100% covered by company-funded HRA
- 401k retirement plan with 3% contributed by the company (no match required)
- Five paid volunteer days to contribute to a cause of your choice
- $50/mo compensation towards a gym membership
About The Pinkston Group
We are modern storytellers. We work with our clients to help shape their message and tell their stories in ways that engage audiences. View some of our recent video work here: https://vimeo.com/pinkstongroup
Please send your resume and link to your portfolio to email@example.com. No calls please.