The Pinkston Group is seeking an Account Executive to execute media strategies for corporate, non-profit, and/or political clients. Account Executives report to Senior Account Executives and Pinkston Group partners to support implementation of public relations campaigns.
This position will work out of our Alexandria, VA office, and is a junior-level position with salary negotiable based on two-three years of agency experience.
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Account Executive” in the subject line. Your cover letter will be viewed as your first writing sample. No calls, please.
Responsibilities and Duties
The primary responsibility of an Account Executive is to support implementation of public relations campaigns by conducting media outreach and developing social media campaigns to earn placements in print, online and broadcast outlets.
Qualifications and Skills
The ideal candidate has experience pitching the media, and PR agency experience is highly valued. Other related experience such as sales, door-to-door campaigns, GOTV calling, and/or a good understanding of how social media channels work is a plus. Applicants should be comfortable working with and pitching conservative-leaning organizations and causes. Strong writing skills are valued.
Candidates must demonstrate:
- Undergraduate degree in public relations, communications, marketing, journalism or related field; and/or two-to-three years of experience pitching the media
- Ability to balance multiple, diverse clients and work within tight time frames;
- Ability to work well in a small team of public relations professionals;
- Personable nature that will come across over the phone to help create and strengthen media relationships; and
- Drive to “close the deal” and deliver results for clients.
The Pinkston Group strives to foster a collaborative work environment. Sales-minded, results-driven individuals who are excited to contribute and grow while representing a diverse client base do well here.
We offer a fun and rewarding work environment and a competitive benefits package which includes:
- Medical and dental insurance with deductible 100% covered by company-funded HRA
- 401k retirement plan with 3% contributed by the company (no match required)
- Five paid volunteer days to contribute to a cause of your choice
- $50/mo compensation towards a gym membership