The staff writer / media strategist will collaborate with account managers (partners), executives and coordinators on day-to-day management of media campaigns for corporate, non-profit and/or political clients. The position will report to the partners and be responsible for producing a wide range of written materials, including messaging guidelines, strategic plans, project memos, white papers, op-eds, press releases and media advisories.
The ideal candidate has experience in a wide range of writing styles and will demonstrate strong strategic thinking, a clear news sense and sharp eye for detail. The interview process will include a writing test, but your cover letter will serve as your first writing sample. The Pinkston Group’s client base is diverse, and includes companies, organizations and authors working in politics, health care, education, technology and numerous other fields. Applicants should be capable of learning and translating complicated ideas for general-interest audiences, and should be comfortable writing for right-of-center organizations and causes. An undergraduate degree in public relations, journalism, communications or related field is preferred but not required.
Applications should demonstrate:
- At least two years of experience in message development and strategic planning
- Experience in a wide range of writing styles
- Ability to balance multiple, diverse clients
- Strong research skills and an ability to write on deadline
- Initiative to self-start and problem-solve independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well in a small team of public relations professionals
- Strong editing skills, including a solid grasp of Associated Press Style
The Pinkston Group strives to foster a collaborative work environment. Adaptable, entrepreneurial individuals with broad skill sets and a desire to contribute and grow do well here. This is a mid-level position with salary negotiable based on experience. We offer a rewarding work environment and a competitive benefits package.
Please send cover letter, resume and writing samples to email@example.com with “Staff Writer” in the subject line. No calls, please.