The Pinkston Group is seeking an Account Executive to execute media strategies for corporate, non-profit, and/or political clients. Account Executives report to Senior Account Executives and Pinkston Group partners to support implementation of public relations campaigns.
The primary responsibility of an account executive is to conduct media outreach; manage account coordinators to support implementation of public relations campaigns; and earn placements in print, online and broadcast outlets. Sales-minded, results-driven individuals who are excited to represent a diverse client base do well here.
The ideal candidate has experience pitching the media, and PR agency experience is highly valued. Other related experience such as sales, door-to-door campaign and/or GOTV calling is a plus. Applicants should be comfortable working with and pitching conservative-leaning organizations and causes. Strong writing skills are valued.
Candidates must demonstrate:
- Undergraduate degree in public relations, communications, marketing, journalism or related field; and/or one to two years of experience pitching the media;
- Ability to balance multiple, diverse clients and work within tight time frames;
- Ability to work well in a small team of public relations professionals;
- Personable nature that will come across over the phone to help create and strengthen media relationships; and
- Drive to “close the deal” and deliver results for clients. This is an junior-level position with salary negotiable based on experience.
We offer a rewarding work environment and a competitive benefits package.
Please send cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and any writing samples you wish to include to email@example.com with “Account Executive” in the subject line. No calls, please.