Do you have what it takes to be a "thought leader"?
It takes more than interesting ideas or a unique perspective on the news of the day. You also need a smart strategy.
In PR News today, Pinkston Group Founder and President Christian Pinkston identifies five rules for an effective thought-leadership campaign, based on some of the lessons the Pinkston Group has learned over more than 15 years of designing and implementing strategic executive-positioning efforts for a wide range of companies and organizations.
Christian's rules include:
- Don't assume everyone will want to talk about what you want to talk about.
- Be willing to take a stand.
- Know your audiences and how to reach them.
- Always feature a human element.
- Remember that you're not making a corporate sales pitch.
Read more about the thinking behind each of these rules over at PR News.